About Me

An avid traveler I have had the good fortune to have spent my career in the travel and vacation industry. From Bali to Copenhagen and all points between is where I have been or intend to go. This blog however is specific to the Western half of the United States as I explore this part of the world.

Friday, March 17, 2006

Vegas Butt Head of the Week


Wine tasting post script...
While at the Stratosphere checking out the wine tasting, I noticed one of the hosts moving about making sure everything was going well... I suppose. However, he wasn't walking around with any aire of customer service or Maitre 'd-ish focus on the smooth operation of the event... it was more of a "hey look at me I 'm important, and while my job is to assure that things run smoothy and our patrons are happy, I'm not really interested in that beyond how it can stroke my ego and feeling of superiority." (Insert Church Ladies "Superiority Dance")

Below is the side of the gentleman's head I was referring to. Angela was attempting to take a picture of Sonny and I... finger on the button, bright red light measuring distance beaming out from the camera, the first of 3 pre flashes starting, and this guy, clearly noticing that Angela is taking a picture speeds up his pace by a barely noticeable degree to place himself squarely between Angela (taking the picture) and us... the distance between the photographer and subject a mere 6 feet. The flash illuminated the side of his face and the whole area... did he stop and apologize for ruining the shot? No... Did he even show any recognition that he had ruined the shot? No... just kept on walking. So, drum roll please...

I bring you Butt Head of the Week from Romance at the Stratosphere... and he aint even pretty...

1 comment:

Victor Ozols said...

He ain't pretty no more!

(from Raging Bull)