About Me

An avid traveler I have had the good fortune to have spent my career in the travel and vacation industry. From Bali to Copenhagen and all points between is where I have been or intend to go. This blog however is specific to the Western half of the United States as I explore this part of the world.

Monday, October 31, 2005

Vegas... the best Halloween City


It was time to put on the zoot suit and go out into public... this is a shot that Sonny took of me at Rain nightclub at the Palms. Her company had the club rented from 7:00pm to 10:00pm Saturday night with an open bar that I took full advantage of! For me the drink of choice was Glenfiddich on the rocks and for Sonny it was...



Cosmopolitans as a Go-Go girl from the Austin Powers era...

Initially there weren't a lot of people at Rain so we got a nice VIP table and enjoyed some tasty drinks as we watched for some of Sonny's co-workers and enjoyed the music while watching for interesting costumes in a sparsely populated club. However, there was a huge staff on duty so we expected that it would be standing room only... once the doors opened to the general public at 10:00pm... we had arrived about 7:45pm.


This is a view of the clubs dance area at about 8:00pm and as you can see there wasn't much going on yet...


By 10:15pm this was the scene... packed, everyone drinking, dancing and having a good time. I was glad to have my camera and Sonny and I took a lot of pictures with some of the wildest costumes... there is no place to celebrate Halloween like Las Vegas!


Let's go out and shoot some photos!



We were amazed to run into Richard Simmons at the party and Sonny had to get a shot with him.

The Suit... Stacy Adams... the shoes... Giorgio Brutini... Smoooookin!


Would have been pretty cool but there were about 4 or 5 Napoleon Dynamites at the club...


These girls were digging on my Zoot Suit....

And so were these and I was digging on their outfits too! And what were their Halloween names?


Fook Yu and Fook Mi


While I was hanging with the Fook twins Sonny was getting a shot with Jack, CEO of Jack in the Box and making him forget all about his plastic date...


The Witchdoctor is in!


Pimp Suit Man meets Zoot Suit Man... they have a fight, Zoot Suit wins... Zoot Suit Man.


She called herself the "Walk of Shame" the experience any girl has walking from a Frat boys room through the front door after a one night stand.


Sonny and I after a few and feeling good!


As we were leaving as late as it was there were still a bunch of people loitering around outside and a lot waiting to get in... I hope they were coming from somewhere else because I wasn't sure that they were going to be able to fit anymore in there. And of course on the way out I ran into this crew which made a great parting shot...

No comments: