About Me

An avid traveler I have had the good fortune to have spent my career in the travel and vacation industry. From Bali to Copenhagen and all points between is where I have been or intend to go. This blog however is specific to the Western half of the United States as I explore this part of the world.

Monday, January 01, 2007

New Years Day


I feel better already! And when you are feeling better why not go to the highest point around Vegas and relish the crisp air, snow and tall evergreens... Mount Charleston, an oasis in the middle of the desert. Little did I know, but was soon to discover that everyone else in southern Nevada had the same idea! Families and friends with sleds, picnic baskets, snowboards and skis all ascended Charleston for a holiday romp in the snow... I thought I was driving down the strip on a Friday night... bumper to bumper traffic, 2 mph speed limit... but it was all worth it to luck out on a parking spot at the summit where Sonny and I could get out and enjoy the view. From this vantage point coupled with the bright clear day I could see far out into the valley below and wondered what 2007 held in store for me...

No comments: