About Me

An avid traveler I have had the good fortune to have spent my career in the travel and vacation industry. From Bali to Copenhagen and all points between is where I have been or intend to go. This blog however is specific to the Western half of the United States as I explore this part of the world.

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Hotel Del Coronado, San Diego, CA


I had a symposium to attend this week and while the weather didn't cooperate it was a delightful hotel. Built in 1888 it has a rich history that you can feel while strolling down the halls or around the grounds.

While much of my time there was spent working I did have some time to relax and enjoy the experience.

When I said that the weather didn't cooperate it is what the locals call "May Grey" where the coastal weather is nearly always grey, overcast with fog... for me, I suppose that isn't so bad as not that I live in Vegas I get blue skies and sunshine nearly every day so a change of weather can be welcoming.


The picture above came as a bit of a surprise when one of my clients at one of the cocktail parties said to me, "hey you want to take off and have cocktails on my 62 foot yacht?" I thought he was kidding but not only did he have the 62 footer moored across the street on the Bay side but I got to skipper it for a time and that was fun!


My last day... the sun came out...

1 comment:

Victor Ozols said...

The May Grey leads to the June Gloom in San Diego. I had never heard of it either until we visited San Diego in June and were a bit surprised at the less-than-optimal weather.