About Me

An avid traveler I have had the good fortune to have spent my career in the travel and vacation industry. From Bali to Copenhagen and all points between is where I have been or intend to go. This blog however is specific to the Western half of the United States as I explore this part of the world.

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Christmas Eve


Well it is an official tradition in Vegas now... Dinner at the Eiffel Tower Restaurant at the Paris followed by a stroll through the Bellagio's Christmas display.



This is a slight variation from the tradition started by my family of going to Le Coq Au Vin in Orlando, FL. It is a fantastic restaurant that on Christmas Eve hires very talented quartet of carolers that move from table to table usually singing two requests from each table... my Poppa (mother's father) would treat us to a truly excellent experience there every Christmas Eve that Sonny later joined with me when we became serious as a couple.


The Eiffel Tower Restaurant while not providing carolers does provide an excellent level of service and we got the same table we had last year with a spectacular view of the strip and the Bellagio fountains. Shea was our wait captain last year but had taken a job at the bar this year and we had a new chap. I need to find his card so that I can request him next year.



The experience was excellent again this year... and this year we went to church service before the meal... going to a midnight service after so much food and wine would have been difficult.


When I received the bill at the end of the meal it only added to the appreciation of all those fancy meals my family has treated me to.



After dinner we strolled through the Bellagio seasonal display which I was happy to say changes from year to year... while seeing what we saw last year would have been nostalgic and still nice... it was great to experience something new and different.


After much photo taking and goofing around it was time to head home... to wrap a few more gifts for under the tree and settle down for a well deserved sleep.

No comments: